Wednesday, May 13, 2009

POETRY!!!

So...blogger still won't let me format properly. Fuck them...here is my latet poem (in leiu of my larger poetry project) without the proper formatting (imagine each lower case line indented 5 spaces).

(Note: I wrote this last night while half inebriated and mostly asleep. I polished it up today)

A flash,
A fount
of inspiration,
of feline paradox,

Where a question
is an invitation
And a front of naïveté
a snare of better thinking.

Where youth is a hindrance
and a necessary medium
For tiptoe graces,
For telling faces
and a question
and answer,
unbelieving.
Sonata.

Where I masquerade,
and proceed to cavort
With probability,
With mirth
and retreat to the sideline.

A vision,
A dream of entropy

Where words hang heavy,
bored
And a question
is an invitation to our dance
Of glee
I lead
In three
we waltz

And curiosity
Springs me from the limbo
Of a higher purpose
in a flash.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think I'd suggest removing the word "feline." It seems to me that it lessens the otherwise more suggestive nature of the cat allusions.

Also, the obvious lesbian subtext would be helped along with a reference to milk. Remember, if you need to up the sapphic content of your work, I'm available nearly 24/7.

mso said...

Obvious lesbian subtext? Sure, why not.

Meaning is in the eye of the reader...which is something my English teachers never could seem to understand.